
I discovered very interesting TV program yesterday. Before finding it, I've heard it from my friend, and it has recently been a popular topic in Japan. It is "Justice with Michael Sandel," in Japanese, "Harvard Heated Classroom."
I've wanted to watch this program, but I didn't know when it was been broadcasted. I found it on NHK yesterday by chance. It was TV pictures in Tokyo University broadcasted before. The topic was about the fair redistribution of wealth. Michael Sandel, who is the most popular teacher in Harvard University, plays a role of a dibate organiser, and many students and working adults express their opinions.
Then, how do you think about this problem (this was one of the topics discussed yesterday)?
"An ordinary teacher can gain $45'000(about 4 million yen) a year. Ichiro can gain $18'000'000(about 1.5 billion yen) a year. Obama, President of the US, can gain $400'000(36 million yen) a year.
Thus, Obama earns about 10 times as much money as an ordinary teacher. Ichiro earns about 42 times as much money as Obama, about 400 times as much money as an ordinary teacher.
Is it the fair redistribution? Should Ichiro be given 42 times as much money as Obama? In other words, what is the justice?
Other problem discussed yesterday was "Can we get the right to enter Tokyo University with money?" Is it good or not?
The answers are different from the situation you stand on. Please think about these problems in some different positions.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿